NTPC Bursary Program
The NWT Power Corporation is dedicated to developing a skilled, committed and professional workforce and wants to encourage northern residents to further their education in order to develop a sustainable local workforce. The following bursary program is being offered to assist students with their post-secondary education in an effort to empower residents to attain their career aspirations.
A $1,000 bursary will be offered for post-secondary education in any field the Corporation employs. Preference will be given to those students furthering their education in fields the Corporation is having challenges recruiting.
A bursary of $1,000 will be available to one student in every community the Corporation services or has a presence.
Open to all current post-secondary students who attended high school in the Northwest Territories.
- Applicants must be a resident in a community in which the Corporation provides a service or has a presence.
- Applicants must have confirmed enrollment for full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in the current academic year (2019 – 2020).
- Applicants must be enrolled in a field of study the Corporation employs, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Engineering, Technologies or Computer Science programs,
- Business, Commerce or Accounting programs,
- Health, Safety or Environmental programs, and
- Various Trades.
Preference will be given to those applicants who are enrolled in fields the Corporation has challenges in recruiting.
In situations where more than one applicant per community has met the criteria for the bursary, the applicant enrolled in the field of study that is most challenging for the Corporation to recruit for will be given priority consideration.
The NWT Power Corporation reserves the right to be the sole judge in awarding the bursary and reserves the right to withhold the awarding of the bursary.
Students wishing to apply must submit an application package consisting of:
- A one-page cover letter indicating the community you are from with contact information (phone number and mailing address), a description of the program you are enrolled in, why you need the bursary and your career goals.
- Confirmation of high school attendance from a school within the NWT.
- Confirmation of enrollment from your post-secondary institution, including program name.
- Evidence of residency in a community in which the Corporation provides a service or has a presence.
The selection process may involve a brief telephone interview.
The application deadline is October 11, 2019. Funds will be awarded by cheque that will be mailed directly to the recipients.
Email questions and completed application packages to:
Phone: (867) 874-5209