Request for Service Application
Business customers and property managers must complete a Customer Service Order. This tells us who you are, how to contact you, and the type of service you require.
- Deliver the application to your local office or
- Fax: 1-866-482-8231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NTPC will set up an account for you or your business and provide the information you will need to use online billing and payment. A one-time, non-refundable connection fee of $40 is included in the first business invoice.
- A security deposit is required for a new connection. This amount is equal to an estimate of the highest two months energy consumption in a year.
Connecting Power to a New Building
To connect a new building: Complete a Request for Service Application. This form may also be used to add a new service connection, upgrade or move a service or install a temporary service.
- NTPC will arrange a field visit to survey the most economical power line route to your building. We will send you a price estimate for the work.
- When you approve and pay the estimated costs, we'll finalize design and order materials for your service connection.
- Depending on your location, permits or approvals may be required.Examples might include your municipality, NWT or federal government, Aboriginal organizations, businesses, or private citizens. Land use permits or highway permits may also be required. NTPC can obtain the required permits on your behalf.
- Once permits are in place, materials are shipped to the site, the crew is scheduled for construction, and the work is completed.
- NTPC crews travel from community to community on a schedule. If timing is an issue, you may be asked to pay the transportation costs for the crew.
- Before the service is connected, a Regional Electrical Inspector must provide us with a connection authorization (who organizes this?).
- Your business billing account is set up, a service meter is installed and power is connected.
- NTPC will summarize the actual construction costs to provide service to your location. If this exceeds our estimate, you will be asked to pay the difference. If the actual cost is lower you will receive a refund.