NTPC is committed to investing in the communities where we operate and where our employees live and work. Financial and in-kind donations and sponsorships support the activities and organizations that help to make Northern communities such special places. Many of our employees contribute in their own way giving freely of their time and talents to a wide range of causes.
NTPC invests approximately $100,000 annually in communities across the NWT. Our donations are not recovered from our customers.
Applying to NTPC for sponsorship
NTPC support usually falls into these general areas:
- Education - encouraging development of a strong northern workforce
- Health & Wellness - promoting health and wellness, including sports & recreation
- Community - supporting activities that enrich community, cultural and family life
- Environment - promoting energy conservation, renewable energy projects and environmental stewardship
Preference is given to groups and organizations that:
- Are non-profit and can demonstrate community support and involvement
- Are working for the benefit of a wide range of stakeholders, in particular, youth
- Request support for a specific program/activity
- Demonstrate ability to execute, and commitment to the program
- Can demonstrate how the donation is to be spent and the expected outcome
- Commit to acknowledging the NTPC contribution
Travel and/or organizations outside the NWT are excluded. NTPC will not support reducing or donating the cost of electricity services, projects with a religious purpose, political parties or candidates, and professional fund-raisers working on behalf of an organization. Generic requests and "to whom it may concern" letters are also excluded.
To find out about NTPC sponsorships read our Community Investment Policy.